Siemens Healthineers gets off to a strong start to the first quarter of fiscal 2022, raises guidance
ERLANGEN, Germany, February 7, 2022 - Siemens Healthiers recently released its results for the first quarter of fiscal 2022 (October 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021).
First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2022
- Excellent performance growth: Revenue increased by 9.5% year-on-year, and equipment orders reached invoice 1.20.
- Laboratory diagnostic work performed well, with revenues increasing by 19.7% year-on-year.
- Varian has a strong start to the new fiscal year, contributing €750 million in revenues.
- The imaging business maintained strong momentum, revenue increased 5.9% year-on-year; clinical treatment business revenue increased 3.3% year-on-year.
- EBITDA margin of 17.6% - not only affected by exchange rate fluctuations and high logistics procurement costs, but also benefited from rapid antigen testing work.
- Adjusted underlying earnings per share increased by 12% to €0.55.
- Strong free cash flow continues at €566 million.